Monday, December 13, 2010

Are there rules in quilting or not?

After reading Stash Manacure this morning, I just had to have the clock. As I'm sure many others did as well. In reading what the guest poster said about her way of doing quilts, I felt right at home!! I am not a pinner either.. they get in my way and make things off center for me.. So I don't use them, except to keep my cut pieces together, so a piece doesn't get lost...  As for pressing that just calls for my fingernail from time to time.  Her remark about the lumpy quilts was right on for me. I have a few lunmps in my quilts and my body, who really cares? I know my family doesn't. They have never complained about the lumps at some of the seams. In my way of thinking the things I make are for people to use, not hang on a wall or hide in a closet for later use. Imperfections are a part of being made by a real peron !!! Which is what I am. I do have a machine qiuilting set up but do not have any of the bells and whistles on it. No stitich regulator, no computer imaging nothing but me moving the machine over the top and doing things to my own liking.
Enough said , now I am off the sew for a few then get to the post office.. time is rapidly moving onward to Christmas Day..

Till next time,.....

3 comments:

Wilma Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilma Lee said...

I loved that clock too! I do pin when piecing though.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Catching up with things - loved that post on SM too. BUt I do love to press - it's a part of the quilting process, and I savor each of the processes. I rarely pin unless I have a lot of bias pieces and borders (so I don't get the wave).