Friday, January 2, 2009

On to a new day!!

My Jan 1st was a very quite one. Just hubby and I all day. Seemed strange as we have had kids on holidays always. Time goes on.

Want to post a litle more about the Vertans Quarters in Asheville, NC.  There is an organization here called ABCCM. They are the overseer's of this project. We had a large motel that closed down. 
So the ABCCM, after many months, has taken over the bulding for Homeless Veterans. This facility is about 3/4 of a mile from our local VA Hospital. So it is within walking distance for them to get the medical care they need.  I can only hope this will be a truly positvie program for all who need the help. Not all vets are homeless by choice. Some are  turned away from their families when they returned from their tour of duty. Sad to say but so true. I hope this small thing I am trying to do will let them know others do care about them.

Till next time

2 comments:

quilter000 said...

sisro
I am proud of you for doing this. It is a big undertaking and if I can help a little on it I surely will. GD is a cutie patootie!!
Pat

Wilma Lee said...

What a nice project Ro. I'm always looking for a good cause.