Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Another year is gone and a new one begins. 
And I will have my work cut out for me in '09!!!
Yesterday I called the Veteran's Quarters - which is a new program- to see how many beds they 
have . 215!!! this a lot for sure.  Anyway, the first time I heard about this new program for HOMELESS VETERANS I was impressed and wanted to be a part of it in some way. So I will be making quilts for this place! They will be a part of the facility, so many will be able to use them.
Yes it is a HUGE task and committment and I know many will say this will never happen.  Many don't know me!!! (ha-ha)  I have enough fabric and own a short arm quilting system and my hubby is a Veteran too. So I will get started on this today. And keep my progress here for my own records.  I will of course do what I can go get others to donate twin size quilts too.  Or make one for me from my fabic. 
More info about this will be posted as progress is made.

Till next time......

No comments: